In addition to watching and posting videos, you can also send messages to all contacts on TikTok. The social network has an inbox to chat via direct messages and share content.
You can send a message to any TikTok profile, as long as the respective recipient account has enabled the option to receive it. In these cases, the app sends a conversation request and needs the recipient’s approval. Until the moment of this approval, it is only possible to send up to three messages per day.
By default, each account can receive messages and friend requests, but privacy can be changed in settings. There are three main ways to chat on TikTok: through the person’s profile, in the inbox area, or with the share icon. See the step-by-step of each situation.
How to receive messages from anyone on TikTok
- Open your TikTok profile and access the “Settings and Privacy” menu;
- Then tap on “Privacy”;
- Scroll down to the “Direct Messages” option and proceed;
- On the next screen, select the first option to change privacy;
- Choose who can message you. Select “All” to have no restrictions.
How to message on TikTok
From the Person’s profile
- Open a profile on TikTok;
- If it’s an account you already follow, just tap the “Send Message” button. In other situations, tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner;
- Select “Send message”;
- The app will redirect to the conversation screen.
- Open the app and select the “Inbox” tab;
- On this screen, you’ll find all your recent conversations. To start a new one, select the arrow icon in the top right corner;
- Enter the name of a profile you follow and proceed to the conversation screen.
- While playing any video, tap the share option, represented by the WhatsApp icon;
- From the displayed menu, choose a contact to send the video;
- Add a caption, if necessary.
This option is limited to sending to friends on TikTok, i.e. accounts you already follow or are linked to contacts in your calendar.
More from us: