There is a simple solution for all selfies and mirror shots with the mirror image reversed. Using Adobe Photoshop, you can mirror a photo and flip the file horizontally or vertically.
The feature is very useful to reverse the orientation of images with a quick command. To use it, just open the Free Transform mode and choose the desired direction. This same tool can also be used to rotate the image, decrease its size or apply perspective effects. Check step by step.
Mirroring images in Photoshop
- Open the image in Photoshop;
- Press Ctrl + T to activate Free Transform mode;
- Right-click on the image;
- Select “Flip horizontally” or “Flip vertically”;
- Photoshop will mirror the image in the chosen direction. Press Enter to exit the mode and continue editing as you wish.
There is also an alternative way to perform the same function. In that case, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Edit” tab at the top of the screen;
- Mouse over the “Transformation” option to open more features;
- Click “Flip horizontally” or “Flip vertically“.
How to Mirror a Canvas in Photoshop
In some cases, the design is split into many layers and needs to be mirrored. Instead of executing the command individually on each element of the image, it is possible to apply the change to the canvas, that is, to the entire open file.
- In the top menu, click on the “Image” tab;
- Select “Image Rotation”;
- Then choose between “Flip Canvas Horizontally” and “Flip Canvas Vertically”.
After running this command, all further changes will be made to the file with the mirror image.
More from us: