People who use the Internet often want to know how to change the start page in Google Chrome to match their preferences. Depending on the situation, you can set the browser to open a new tab, go to a certain page, or go back to a page you’ve already seen. For each of the choices, there is a separate set of instructions that will help you solve the problem. Below, we’ll talk about how to change the start page on a PC or phone using Google Chrome in each of the suggested situations.
Google Chrome start page on PC
- Sign in to the browser and click the Settings and control Google Chrome icon in the upper right corner to get started (three dots).
- Next, go to Settings and check the Home page section in the “Appearance” section. Choose the second option and then type in google.com.
- With these steps, you can set Google Chrome to open to the page you want. At the next step, you can go straight to setting up the right option.
Sign in to Google Chrome on a PC to change the start page and go to the main tab after logging in. Then, do these things:
- Click on the Settings and Google Chrome button in the upper right corner (three dots).
- Go to the section for settings.
Under “Launch Chrome,” choose “New Tab.”
- If you don’t change anything, the new tab will have the Google logo, a search bar, and smaller images of frequently visited sites. If you want to, you can change the theme to fit your tastes.
It is sometimes important that a certain site opens when you log in. In that case, do the following:
- Go to your PC’s browser and click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Go to “Settings.”
- In the section called “Launch Chrome,” go to the “Set Pages” section.
- Click “Add page” and type the address of the page you want to add.
- Click on Add and then on Use current page.
- To change the start page later, click the More actions button on the right side of Google Chrome.
After that, choose the item you want to change or remove. With this option, you can set up the site you want to go to at any time, and Google Chrome will take you there the first time you open it.
More from us: Where can I look at my PayPal account ID?
After logging in, if a site opens that can only be seen when the Web Explorer is closed, this is a useful option. To set up an algorithm like this, you need to do a number of things:
- On a PC, log in to Google Chrome.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Go to the section called Settings, then to Launch Chrome.
- Choose the section called Tabs you’ve already opened.
Cookies can make it so that changing data doesn’t always work. So, the Google account is done automatically after you log in again. Follow these steps if you don’t want to use this option:
- Visit Google Chrome on your PC.
- Click the three dots in a row.
- Go to Settings and then click Advanced at the bottom of the page.
- Click Site Settings after going to the Privacy and Security section.
- Choose cookies.
- Activate When the browser is closed, delete all local data.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+T if you’re using a Chromebook. The browser opens the same tabs in this case.